1. You must hand in your paper on Monday, _____ you haven't finished it.
A) no matter how B) whenever C) even if D) wherever
2. It is easier to catch a sleeping lion _____ the one that's awake.
A) that B) than C) when D) which
3. The nurse treated the patient _____ he were her own brother.
A) like B) as C) even if D) as if
4. _____ he was in poor health, he kept on working.
A) Because B) As C) Although D) However
5. We'll try to finish the work in time _____ we are short of manpower.
A) in spite of B) until C) before D) though
6. You mustn't be too proud of yourself _____ you have made much progress.
A) even if B) as C) because D) since
7. You have to hold on, _____ difficulties you meet.
A) however B) whatever C) no matter D) how
8. _____ hard I tried, I could not memorize the whole text.
A) However B) Because C) As D) Though
9. _____ people might say, we still trust you as we did before.
A) No matter what B) Even though C) What D) However
10. The number of people who travel by air in China _____.
A) is larger than before B) is biggest now
C) are larger than ever D) as larger as before.